Child Welfare Policies
- Transportation changes have to be in writing in compliance with the Jessica Lundsford Act (see bottom of our home page)
- Students in grades K-2 must be with an older sibling or met at the bus stop by a parent/guardian or other adult listed on their authorized pick up list on file with the school.
- Picture ID will be checked prior to releasing any students for check out.
- All school visitors must sign in at the Front Office prior to gaining access to the school campus.
- If abuse of a child is suspected all school staff are required to make a report to DCF by calling the Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-96- ABUSE. Volunteers and visitors will report any suspected abuse to school staff.
- If a student threatens physical harm to themselves or others, the students will be brought to a safe location immediately and proper authorities will be contacted (parents, police ,etc.)